Hawaii’s First Ignite Event!
Ignite Honolulu is here!
Welcome to Ignite Honolulu’s blog. Here you will find stories and updates revolving around Ignite presentations in Hawai‘i.
The idea of starting Ignite Honolulu came about when a group of designers and developers realized there was a lack of communication between their two circles on the island. The dialog between developers and designers had to be improved in order to raise the potential of creative work coming from Hawai‘i!
We have been running around looking for a diverse group of presenters to speak at Hawaii’s first ever Ignite show and am very pleased to say that the first presenter to jump on board was Daniel Leuck, the founder of Ikayzo and creator of techhui.com, the largest social network for technologists in the islands. Following him, seven other players in various niches in Hawaii’s professional community has joined the inaugural show:
- John Garcia, “Going Viral: The Social Tsunami”, Nonstop Honolulu
- Angelica Rabang, “Good Design”, AIGA Honolulu
- Austen Ito, “Geekology 101″, HI Capacity
- Danielle Scherman, “Startup Weekend”, Social Wahines
- Peter Justeson, “How & Why to Make Games”, IGDA Honolulu
- Rechung Fujihira, “Tsune”, The Box Jelly
- Yancey Unequivocally, “Most Presentations Stink”, Empowered Presentations
The evening will touch on social media, entertainment, education, and design. Guaranteed you’ll learn something new! If you’d like to attend and be a part of this magical evening, please RSVP here! There will be a small $5 cover at the door.
Hope to see you there!
Update: We’re sold out! Please add yourself to the waitlist and if anyone drops out, we’ll be sure to contact you to get a ticket to the first Ignite Honolulu!